The Shift Lead oversees daily operations during designated shifts, supervise team members, and ensure that our guests receive outstanding service. The shift leader's responsibilities include providing support for Team Members, delegating tasks, handling cash up, and reporting any issues to the Store Team Lead. They will be responsible for executing tasks/directives assigned by the Store Team Lead and assisting in achieving store goals.
To be successful as a shift leader, you should be able to manage a team of people and ensure that all duties are performed accurately. Ultimately, a top shift leader should be able to ensure smooth and efficient workflows throughout. Below you’ll find what most of your expectations will be, however they are not all-encompassing.
- Keeping team members on task and assigning new tasks as needed.
- Supervising employees, assigning duties, and creating a shift schedule.
- Monitoring team performance and ensuring duties are performed efficiently.
- Reporting any issues that arise during the shift to management.
- Managing team member requests and transgressions.
- Ensuring compliance with our policies, health, and safety standards.
- Coaching team members and training new staff.
- Opening and closing registers, accounting for the daily intake and preparing cash deposits.
- Handling guest issues and team member disputes.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent sales and guest service skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the merchandise sold.
- Ability to anticipate guests’ needs.
- Ability to recommend merchandise to guests.
- Ability to operate or to quickly learn the store’s point-of-sale system.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Confident problem-solver.
- Team player.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- In-role training provided.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking throughout the retail space.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
PTO (Paid Time Off)